IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
miledirt (Offline)
  #11 5/21/24 7:10 AM
Is it really pay for parking
RedRacer07 (Offline)
  #12 5/21/24 8:12 AM
My happy lil self will be there enjoying the USAC stars & the legendary THAT, that’s all! Grateful I can still attend.
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, Dale, Ilovedirttrackracing, itsanonwingthing, luckybuc97, PJ Wright, SpfldMile
Midget98 (Offline)
  #13 5/21/24 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by badcoupe:
Imo there should be no seat marking at any track. First come first serve at race time
Agreed. If there is such a demand to have seats saved, you would think a promoter would sell a section of reserved seat tickets at a higher price than general admission. I can't imagine a promoter turning down extra money with only having to paint some numbers on some seats.
6 Likes: 3R, bighd0522, Dale, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, Jonr
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #14 5/21/24 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Midget98:
Agreed. If there is such a demand to have seats saved, you would think a promoter would sell a section of reserved seat tickets at a higher price than general admission. I can't imagine a promoter turning down extra money with only having to paint some numbers on some seats.
It is a lot more than just painting numbers on a wooden plank. You have to buy and print special tickets with corresponding rows, sections and numbers. Your ticket sellers have to take time to determine what seats are still available and if and when they sell out. You have to have someone on staff that can “evict” those that sit in a reserved seat w/o a ticket (not an easy job!) and finally, you have to keep the money separate for the reserved seats in case you lose the show and have to refund the ticket, esp. on end of season shows.

Reserved seating is a big PITA. Yes, it can make a promoter some extra money, but it comes with extra work.
DJlives (Offline)
  #15 5/21/24 12:10 PM
As was true for the Maverick race Parking is free
3 Likes: fourteen fan, miledirt, openwheelfan1
Hubie48 (Offline)
  #16 5/22/24 5:45 AM
I think the parking fee is brought on by the Vigo County Fairgrounds Board themselves

over the years they trot out the pay to park. Same with the Indiana State Fairgrounds

I have been going to THAT since 1976 or so and many times free parking, many times folks out in the parking lot collecting money. Not much rhyme or reason
The55 (Offline)
  #17 5/22/24 12:17 PM
Last night was only the second time seeing a race at TH. No complaints, at all. Free parking, a small cooler was allowed, concession prices were reasonable, restrooms clean, track prep was good, and oh yeah, there was a pretty good feature.
5 Likes: bighd0522, Hustlin-Hoosier, miledirt, RACrappieman, SpfldMile
Dale (Offline)
  #18 5/22/24 1:09 PM
Looked like a long walk to p in the infield with no porta potties.

Halfway between Springfield & DuQuoin, and Gilbert AZ
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #19 5/22/24 4:54 PM
Originally Posted by Dale:
Looked like a long walk to p in the infield with no porta potties.

Think they opened the RR's under the tower.

Charles Nungester