Thread: Chase Stockton
View Single Post
7/30/20, 8:32 PM   #19
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I was sitting near the top of section g in the grandstand and I did not see that. I will check out the USAC Facebook page. What appeared to be a rather boring feature certainly changed after the caution flags began. IMHO the Tony Hulman Classic appeared to have a larger crowd. !Apparently folks arriving after a certain time encountered a $5 parking fee. Maybe it was considered a fair because they sold fair type food!?
At the WoO show on July 12, we had to pay the $5 parking fee and we were given a yellow card that said “The parking fees are collected raise funds to make improvements to the Terre Haute Action Track to. Improve the racing experience”. If this is in fact true, then I have no problem with it. If it is lining someone’s pockets, I do.

I was under the impression that the Wabash Valley Fairgrounds owned the property the track sat on and the Fair Board managed it. I am almost sure that was the case years ago when my wife and I were in Terre Haute. That arrangement may have changed however.

1 member likes this post: ronmil