Thread: Chase Stockton
View Single Post
7/30/20, 11:33 AM   #15
SoIllSprinter

USAC’s rules were followed on the yellow flags and the green/white/checkered finish. That was unfortunate for Chase, who I wanted badly to see win, but the rules are clear. On the other hand if Justin gave him some front bumper going into one, as it appears, that is in my opinion, dirty racing. In sprint car racing, on a big, fast half mile like Terre Haute, that’s how you get someone hurt. Being competitive doesn’t include being reckless with the safety of other competitors. Try a legitimate slide job but miscalculate? Accidentally bang wheels while racing hard for the lead? Simply make an error being competitive? Those are racing deals. Give someone your front bumper going into a corner? Out of line.
If Grant moved him on purpose, as it looked to me, he is lucky. After watching Stockon race for many years I couldn’t see him seeking retaliation on the track, that’s not his style. All in all, it was a really good race and Bob, his crew, and the humidity had the track in great shape. Hope for the best with the weather tonight for LPS.