View Single Post
11/10/13, 7:40 PM   #34
Re: KAMP SPEEDWAY REOPENING 2014! Bank excepted offer & MORE
Nialith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
This track is in dirt late model country as well as open wheel territory. Now, the next race I promote will be the first, but I would think this place could successfully cater to both genre's on a regular basis. Plus, by the looks of it's location there shouldn't be any problems with urban sprawl or a population concentration close enough to cause trouble.
It's located way out in the country and the only problem they will have is incurring the wrath of my mother who lives about a 1000 feet to the east. She isn't a fan of the noise and dust on those Saturday nights and was delighted when it closed down so I can't wait to tell her the track is reopening. I'm hoping it does well, I spent so many Saturday nights there watching friends and relatives run.

Way back it ran a figure 8 race as well which was just crazy to watch. I would love to see the Late Models come back as they were always my favorite. The concerns about the walls are valid though as I watched a friends dad, Gerry Gobel, put his late model over the wall pretty easily. Hadn't been there since it changed back to dirt and pulled the pits out of the middle, so maybe that part has changed.

2 members like this post: KENDALLRACING, nathans1012