Thread: Cheating
View Single Post
5/19/18, 10:15 AM   #13
flagboy55

As a person who has written, rules,enforced them, flagged races,and competed in all sorts of races, I say the biggest thing about rules is enforcement. None of it matters if it's not enforced or enforceable. Sometimes it's hard to find a person knowledgeable enough to do that job and a lot of guy's who would know how to do it want no part of it. I have to agree with TQ29M the KISS theory is the best but doesn't solve everything because people are always trying to find a loophole. As a racer, I never minded rules, my team would always try to find an advantage within the rules, but we were never looking to break them. I always hoped rules were strictly enforced because we had the confidence that if all things were equal we were going to win. One last thing about cheating, and the one I despise the most is traction control. This has absolutely no place in dirt track racing! However I was told you can go to PRI and have no trouble finding vendors of this product and their biggest clients are modified racers. I wonder how much of it goes on in sprints and midgets?

3 members like this post: oppweld, Roy Bleckert, spicoli