View Single Post
9/19/21, 6:18 PM   #21
Pitdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I don't use GPS or phone maps. Hell, my speedometer doesn't even work. I use the tach. I do it the old way - look at a map, remember a road or two, then hit it.

I could not FIND the damn place! I knew it was NE of Medaryville proper, but holy crap, there was nothing but tall cornfields.
Well we DID use GPS and we wondered several times if we weren’t about to end up in a cornfield. Lots of county roads, but it is where Google Maps says it is. If you’ve got a big hauler and coming from the west, I suggest you take the time to enter from the southern route. You’re gonna do less tree trimming.

Glad the track looked smooth. In a midget, it was not. My son/driver said it was the “roughest track I’ve been on, and I’ve raced I-44 (in Oklahoma City).” But that’s part of the deal, coping with track conditions. The track didn’t cause any of the accidents, and that’s all you can ask for, so I say “Good Job” to the track prep crew.

I love tracks like Shadyhill that have some history and character. The triple beam balance scale for weighing the cars, the grandstands carved into the hillside, the pit gate sign, loved it! And it has enough “modern” amenities that you can’t really complain. Big USAC haulers? They might not agree with me, but I liked it. We run at Sycamore Speedway (IL) and it reminds me of it (except for the part where Sycamore is situated on a HIGHWAY!)

Best news is, it will be a few more years before Shadyhill has to worry about urban development encroaching in it. Enjoy what you’ve got people! 4 1/2 Stars, would definitely recommend to a friend.

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, Hustlin-Hoosier, PJ Wright