View Single Post
6/8/20, 9:32 PM   #8
Re: Explaining formats
oldfan49

Heck it's not that rare around here to win your heat race and not make the A. I never could understand the reasoning in that. We also get treated regularly to several weak heats and one loaded heat with Vegas style lineups. A bad pill draw make make or break a night. At least the Sprint Bandits had Qualifiers so you got to see some quality races before the feature, wish more tracks would do that weekly especially with the low car counts.

As for the USAC format I like it. I go to see a race and to me being fast everytime you roll on the track is what racing is about. you have to hang it all out every lap. Putting the elbows up for 2 laps should mean something when you go to watch the best of the best. And no format produced the quality of heat lineups every race every night. And on the occasion when a local stands toe to toe with the stars of USAC the fans and even other local teams go wild because every one is seing something special.
I have no issue with getting the time back because the heat format makes making the invert damn hard. Remember you want to see them make it to the front to battle and they have 6 heavy hitters at least in front of them every night, you don't luck ionto the invert. . Plus when they came to a place where we see them so few times most fans pay to see the stars battle and it puts excitement into qualifying.

2 members like this post: captrat, oppweld