View Single Post
7/17/17, 12:23 AM   #15
Re: Haubstadt
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
so to you the flagman should have left Darland slowly rolling on track for 3 laps? I used to work for MSCS scoring and when a yellow came out we watched to see how many cars crossed the line before the leader crossed if wasn't 3 then we went back to the previous (last scored) lap. There was 3 laps left that's why there was a green white checkered finish.
Also if the flagman would have thrown the checkered when you say he should have thr race would have been 3 laps short. Who I go to a 30 lap race I expect to see a 30 lap race not 27 laps.
Jim,

Respectfully I think you are wrong in your assessment of the finish. As Mooresville Trucker correctly stated they were on the homestretch coming to the checkered when the yellow flag was waved. If you look on USAC's twitter they stated that there would be one to go at the point when the yellow flew. They then stated that their new policy is to have a green, white, checker finish so that is why they ran two laps after the caution. The leaders were off of turn four coming to the checkered flag when Darland blew up in turn two while running 10th. To me also there was no reason to throw the yellow instead of the checkered flag. He was still rolling and almost everyone had cleared him at that point and the leaders would have slowed after the checkered with no problems avoiding Darland who rolled over to turn four by that time anyhow. It made for an exciting finish for sure but I don't feel the caution was necessary either. I like both drivers so I have no dog in this fight or am showing any favoritism for one driver over another.

Bruce Eckel

4 members like this post: brady, Dirtfan, jim goerge, tirespinner