Thread: Larson
View Single Post
10/7/19, 4:32 AM   #4
Re: Larson
jdull99

They would never give him an exception for missing a race to go race a short track instead of the Cup race (lol)...he runs a LOT of them as it is...I know you are (most likely) not serious (about that part - he could always tank Talledega now tho...but he has to be there & take the green), but everyone on here should realize that there would most likely be NO chance Kyle would have a chance to win the Cup championship this year (he keeps getting older & Hendrick or Gibbs haven't bought out his contract...lol), at this point of the year, IF NOT FOR THE "PLAY-OFFS". Now, with 6 races to go, he is 100% for sure with a shot to be one of the final 8 battling for the championship! (I do not like the one race deal at the end; I do wish that was 3 races, somehow - but NOT making the season longer...lol) - for those that don't know, the 3 races after KS will decide who makes the four at the last race (sounds complicated, but if you don't get wrapped up in "playoff points"; its not really hard to follow)...which we can hope he is a part of!

I say embrace it. "Our" guy won a race & has a chance only 7 other guys will have to be in the "final four". Thats pretty good! Hopefully Blaney finds a way to join that list too!

...PLUS, if you look at NASCAR as a whole, open wheel guys are still in the news all around. Stenhouse, Newman, Bowman dominated the headlines the last couple weeks...Bell, Reddick, Allgaier, Briscoe, & even Annett are at the top of Xfinity (and all but Annett, can contend for the championship STILL). Tune it...there are mostly likely not a short track open wheel race on radio or TV (I don't get MAV or CBS sports, so not sure about those scheds) to catch...none of the short tracks will proly ever be on the other mediums (too bad, but reality) ever, so it's not like following NASCAR will take away from the short tracks...not even Indycars (which did have higher ratings this year) really either, as the races run at different days & times a lot (nice when both NASCAR & Indycars are on NBC channels...they even cross promote!)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 10/7/19 at 5:14 AM.

3 members like this post: Fisher, John P Huss, tirespinner