View Single Post
5/12/13, 9:33 PM   #26
Re: Another USAC event W/O Gulick
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Yes, I do hate Kevin, but when I met him I told him he would fire me because he would not understand what it took to do my job.

Yes, i did rip off my shirt at Vernon and quit!

2 month later I was offered (by USAC) a full time job in charge of racing operations, but was not interested in giving up my other career. So, Jason Smith called me asking that I try to mend some fences between him and Mr. Capels (JS had started the PRA and JC felt that was in competition to USAC). So, when a friend calls asking a favor, a stand up guy does what he can. The plan was we would work at USAC.... Some people have faults, mine was trusting a friend! A friend that needed a job!

Maybe there is a gap in your memory as I worked for 3 yrs. after that short 2 month vacation from USAC.

And to clear up the point of being fired, was lied to by my "friend" when the rumor started that I was being replaced... was assured that would never happen... well some people make a lifetime of not telling the truth.... but i say i was fired, I guess the term could be my services have not been needed, as no one that works on west 16th street has actually taken the time to pick up the phone and tell m after 34 yrs. of service that I was being replaced....

The point of this thread was not about me, just telling the truth on how thing were handled when i worked at USAC. The rule 10.3 was mentioned...I simply told the truth on how things were handled in the past...

There are a lot of people that never get a insight into how things are done sometimes, if it involves the management team at USAC, I like to tell what i know... Kind of my way of saying "up yours" to the guy that hasn't the stones to reply to an e-mail, or to the friend that put the knife in my back... Is my opinion biased...absolutely....but unlike my lost friend...i don't need to lie!

i
OK Bill since this post is about a driver not racing last night, explain to me how rule 10.3 prohibits him from racing KISS races or tonights show at Kokomo. I always liked working with you when you worked for USAC, but I can't lie to you, if you whined working for me the way you whine on this board, I would have fired you too.
Your constant complaing doesn't make your case. It makes you kind of pathetic. I think your legacy would be better remembered as a good official, than another internet crybaby.