Thread: lps updates
View Single Post
8/24/10, 11:13 AM   #32
Re: lps updates
D.O.

Putnamville has never been a smooth track. LPS has always had a J.D. Rail around the top and holes, some big and some smaller. But a track like that makes the racing driver THINK! How do I tame this monster and get to the front or pas the car ahead of me, making a better driver at all tracks he might race at. Teams have many choices each Saturday night and many [Thank You] pick Putnamville. You know what your going to get as a track before you show up and you know you have to race to make the show.
The track always has something different a driver has to figure out, look at Shane Hollingsworth and Dickie Gaines. They have figured out how to win and make the surface work for them. Watch how Shane has created his own way of passing cars by using the hole and rail in turn 1. He slams it harder then anybody I have seen to turn the car and dive down across turn 2 for spots. Most of Shane's wins have come from deep it the pack so he had to find something out there to do that.
Lloyd have commented about the Bombers flying coming off of turn 4, he knows that wasn't the first time that has happened at LPS and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Sure it could be better but everything in life could be better.
Putnamville is Putnamville and that is why so many love it.
See you on Saturday.

ps- If your looking for weekly video from LPS I have all weeks ready on DVD each week at the track, just $10 each. Look me up at the track or PM me here and I will hook you up.

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Racer12