View Single Post
3/31/24, 10:51 PM   #15
Re: Gas City I-69 Speedway NEWS.
The Old Coyote

April 1, 2024 PRESS RELEASE

In view of the apparently imminent demise of the Gas City I-69 Speedway, The Indiana Historical Society today announced that they have acquired the bleachers of the soon to be defunct Speedway.
In a hastily arranged press conference at their Indianapolis headquarters, Society Curator Larson E. Whipsnade explained the rational behind the acquisition. “This was an opportunity for the Society to save a piece of Indiana racing memorabilia that was an unending source impassioned discussion throughout the entire life of the Gas City I-69 Speedway”. Mr. Whipsnade further stated, “One section of the bleachers will be put on display at the Indiana Historical Society in Indianapolis for all to see and to reminisce about the great racing they saw as their spine, hips and knees deteriorated. The remaining sections will be put on display at the Schools of Civil Engineering at Purdue University, Indiana University, and the Rose Hulman Technical Institute as a living example of how NOT to design bleachers”.

4 members like this post: mc/rider, PJ Wright, Speedmax3, TNRustler