View Single Post
5/16/20, 9:42 AM   #4
Re: Dragstrips in Indiana
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
I know a guy who got a few passes in at Muncie recently but I’m not positive if he rented it or what. He was shaking a new car.
I used to spend a lot of time at Bunker Hill drag strip, that photo of the dragster and the go-kart that floats around was taken there, and me with those wild pants flapping in the breeze, my wife found them about a week ago, cleaning out a closet, I won't try to get them on! I think Jim sold that, and it ran a while longer, but it's probably a Super Center now. There was an older gent that had a Cushman scooter, that we shared shows with, he'd fire that thing up, then jump on the seat, filled with something fast, and really make them earn their stripes, I had a bit too much HP for the clutches that were available at the time, so if I made 2 passes, my night was done. Any who, that's my story and I'm sticking to it, now you know who the guy on the go-kart was, talk about a blow job, when my clutch started to fade and that dragster went by, I thought I was a had lad. That was in 1959, I had just bought a new Impala, 348, black, wish she could find it in the closet. Bob

3 members like this post: Blackduce, Indy1808, luckybuc97