View Single Post
9/30/19, 10:19 AM   #15
Re: Four crown rating
ossuks

No part of this is mint to be negative...AND I'M SURE that this puts me in the minority , so here is my take. In the last 2 weeks the USAC cars have been at Huabstaut, Gas City, and Eldora....at Gas city you get a small track , that is always reworked just before the feature, thus, you get a hammer down , everyone is fast , hard to pass track, about lap 20 the tack comes in and you get 10 laps of great racing! Haubstaut , same thing plus they throw in free tractor parade!! That is the normal characteristics of these 2 facilities!! When you go to Eldora you get a totally different game...You know what your getting before you go, just like the 2 tracks already mentioned. At Eldora, one time a year you get to see something unique!!! 4 classes for a really solid gate price ( good deal seeing 4 complete shows for the price of 11/2) ! AND YOU KNOW what the track conditions will be!!! I like the character that Eldora has, the up on the fence, banging the wall, bravado and talent together!! Throw in the speed, and don't **** yourself they are going fast, the ever present danger of making a mistake that can be BIG! Those complaining they are going slow, I guarantee you that they are still way faster when the track is up on the wall with a slim cushion then they are going when they are hammer down at Gas City or Haubstaut !
Now one suggestion...Run the Wing feature last, then you will have enough track left for the Silver Crown, and all the rubber the wingers could ever want!