View Single Post
8/4/11, 12:17 PM   #1
Opinion: 1000 and 600 cc upright's Indoors?
Tony Barhorst

I have been considering inviting the 1000 cc Mini sprints to compete both days indoors at Fort Wayne. I am looking again to see how much interest their is from teams and fans. I brought the idea up last year around Sept 12, and many expressed interest. We know that situations change over a years time. How many would be interested this year? We almost had enough interest last year to make this happen.

We want a minimum of 25 cars to officially enter with at least one day ($60) entry fee by October 15 to officially add the division to the event both days. The second day entry fee ($60) will be due by Nov. 15

You can e-mail me at tbracefest@aol.com for an entry or if you have any private questions or comments

The 14th annual Rumble in Fort Wayne

Early load in - Thursday- December 29- Load in starts at 2:00 PM. Optional practice 5 PM to 10:30 PM

Event days- Friday, Dec. 30 and Saturday, December 31. We will be working to have the event complete by 9:30 PM Dec. 31.

We will go by MMSA rules and tech. Bill May would be involved. Membership or TP NOT required.

They would be mandated to run on dirt tires to save $$

We will qualify the cars, not draw.

A pan or diaper will be mandated on each car to prevent oil dropping to the track. Thin sheet metal welded underneath is ideal.

The 1000 cc would run non winged.

600 cc upright mini sprints will be welcome to enter, and would be competitive indoors.

I would have them compete for a regular purse on Dec. 31, and then pay $ 750 and $150 to start each day. We will start 16 cars. $50 tow money each day for non transfers.

Entry fees are $60 a day, and pit passes are $55. The entry fee is needed because of the high rent and cost to produce an indoor event.

We will have an early optional load in and practice on Thursday Dec 30 starting at 2:00 pm with load in.

If we could have a minimum of 25 cars enter, we may possibly add them to our event. How many are interested?

Thanks,
Tony Barhorst

Follow the Rumble Racing Series on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rum...s/177852124299
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 8/4/11 at 4:39 PM.