View Single Post
TQ29m (Offline)
  #6 4/28/22 9:49 AM
Originally Posted by hammy711:
I don't see it as being a smartass, because at least you replied, usually I get nothing. So I appreciate that. I just didn't want to flood this post because I could go on and on.

I was in racing, I had 3 cars, a 360s, 2 410s and tons of spares. I didn't buy into the team and I didn't build it on my own. I made $6.75 an hour as a base salary and kept my winnings. I lived with my dad, so no rent. I had no car, and no girlfriend. Racing was all I did, I built and maintained cars for the team and drive one.

My dad was building cars and engines since the 60s. He taught me everything he knows but unfortunately everything got cut short when the car owner closed the deal. I was testing in the winter getting ready for the Outlaws. I opened a business to fund my own efforts but it didn't work out, the economy got bad in my area, so I moved around for work. I didn't think it would be that difficult to get back in.

Currently, I make a decent wage but I put the extra in savings. My house is a rental, not big or fancy, no boat, no motorcycle and I drive a company car. Yes, I'm married and she is very supportive. Point is, I don't have money to put in but I do have a wealth of knowledge and that's what I'm offering.
Have to do like Johnny Cash I guess, "one piece at a time ", unless you get lucky and find someone wanting out that would work with you on a plan. Course you still have a lot of start up overhead to factor in, you know the drill, I know I couldn't restart, it is open bank, and don't be shy. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!