View Single Post
11/11/14, 11:45 PM   #11
Re: 'Rumble in Fort Wayne' to crown overall champion
Tony Barhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Charles

I am sure Tony's reason for outlawing these shocks was made with the best of intentions, perhaps it would be better were he to ban specific built race cars like the "Munchkin". USAC banned that car years ago only to have it resurface as a championship indoor race car in later years. You should have seen that little thing up at Kittly in the 70's. It was like watching a GoKart run all over and around them big old shiny Real Full Size Midget racers (It wasn't very pretty back then, best I can remember it was painted with spray can robin egg blue paint job). So in the best interest of racing USAC banned the darned thing. It would be interesting to imagine what a midget would look like today had they not put their foot down.

Honest Dad himself
Dad is a good car owner, and I just reply here to shine some light on the Munchkin results. We have had 31 features run since 1998. In that span..Tony Stewart has won in a Munckin 7 times, Mike Fedorcak once and Lou Cicconi once. What you describe above has not been happening with all due respect.

Here is a link to our past results. Russ Gamester won last year in a 1977 Grant King chassis, and Justin Peck won in a Beast. http://www.rumbleseries.com/wp-conte...innersList.pdf

I don't mind the feedback.

#respect

Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 11/12/14 at 12:00 AM.

3 members like this post: DAD, fish, Todd Kimmel