View Single Post
2/22/11, 3:04 PM   #4
Re: 360 sprint car motor oil?
TQ29m

Jim,yes, still doing the TQ deal, I'm running a 600 Yamaha, against the 836 Honda's, and doing very well, for the money spent, the Yamaha is very inexpensive, I can buy everything used off Ebay, and don't need any hi dollar, after market parts, that are priced like they were made out of "unobtainium", we typically turn the 600 around 13k, which is just a few above what the Honda's turn, but it is very dependable, and the beauty of it is, they still make them, and have for years, so they are more plentyful than the honda's, and the newest in technology, means no special rods, or pistons, or cams, rod bolts are $4.00 ea, so in my budget book, it's a no brainer. At any given race, we are a top 5 car, or better, if we can keep er on all 4. We had Cen-Pe-Co for a sponsor for about 3 years, and used their oil, it is a blend, and they are big into tractor pulling, it was, IMHO, almost as good, didn't seem like it liked the alky as well, but we didn't have any bearing problems with it, and with the motor having piston cooling nozzles under the pistons, I usually run the water at 220, and the oil will be around 240-260, and just stays as clean as fresh, even after 4-5 nites on it, I usually change it, just because I feel sorry for it, and I run 6 qts in the tank. Thanks, and good luck! Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 2/22/11 at 3:55 PM. Reason: add on