Thread: Best rumor ever
View Single Post
12/14/17, 5:55 PM   #32
Re: Best rumor ever
BrentTFunk

While I think everyone has good ideas, if I was one of the Sprintweek promoters there would be several things I would consider. Number one does this track work with us or against us. When Kokomo moved their weekly show to Saturday night, they lost their SprintWeek show. I understand that. When SprintWeek started all tracks charged the same and ran one other class. Tracks worked together. When Paragon was dropped they changed admission price, and added extra classes. This has been done at MidgetWeek the last couple of years. It started at $20 and it was only sprints. I wish they would go back to that.
Another thing I would look at is will this track be good for first time fans? Last year for the first time every Indianapolis TV channel talked about SprintWeek on the evening news. Will the new track add to it or chase coverage away? Everyone wants sponsor and purses to grow and this is how it happens.
I like every track that has been mentioned, but if they cannot excede Gas City there is no reason to switch. Lets hope the tracks in Indiana work with each other. Look at last fall in Pennsylvania, every track benefited by working together. I plan on hitting them all. Turned in time off today.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 12/15/17 at 1:17 PM.

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Kydehart, mc/rider, oppweld, tqracer53