Thread: Flo TV
View Single Post
2/10/19, 11:18 PM   #47
Re: Flo TV
kdobson

One thing you might try is to reduce the resolution/bit rate on your player. We watched Friday from the Jacksonville Speedway bar during a fundraiser with few issues and I had no issues at home Saturday. Right now we have pretty solid internet at the track, but it's a wireless rural connection that can get a little flaky at times (Fiber gets installed next week!). On one occasion things on the multiple streams we were watching kind of all got crappy at the same time and I did a speedtest on my phone and our bandwidth had temporarily gone from 40mbps down to about 5... which really isn't enough to handle several incoming streams from different tracks.

So... on your player you can adjust the resolution where the gear is where I drew the arrow on the picture. Yes, your player is set to automatically figure out the resolution/bandwidth you can handle, but if you manually reduce it way down when you are having problems.... your problems will most likely go away as you are using a LOT less bandwidth between settings. Even at a low resolution, things will look pretty good. If they do, you know that's the issue and after a period of everything going fine, you can turn the dial up a little until you get problems again.

www.speedtest.net is your friend during streaming problems. 8 times out of 10 the problem is in your end and you just don't realize it. If your speed is still showing great and you've tried to reduce resolution to no avail... then blame the streamer.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirt330, Jbaldwin, tirespinner