View Single Post
2/6/19, 3:09 PM   #11
Re: How much "sheet metal"?
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK222 View Post
I wish they would completely enclose the driver with a roof that attaches with hinges. I also think they need to have fenders to make them safer. Cars should be fully enclosed.
Sounds as if the genre' of racecar you're wanting to watch is late models. Everything but the hinged escape hatch fits your preferences. Give the Late Model Dream or the World 100 at Eldora a try. I've heard it's a really great party! Besides having fenders and being fully enclosed the left rear jacks up a foot and a half all by itself upon acceleration and half the left rear wheel and tire disappears behind the left side sheet metal. The right front wheel sticks out to the right side a foot or more further than the right rear. The right side of the front valance is a foot shorter than the left side and the whole nose piece is somehow twisted to the right. Given 'em a try, they might be just what your looking for.