View Single Post
4/6/24, 10:58 PM   #21
Re: Burg still on for Saturday
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

You guys can argue this that or the other.

Thought the straights were too dry for heats but there were other factors involved.

They never put water on it all night. There were two groves in the corners all night and by feature time even the straights were mostly tacky with a rubber strip down the middle. But the track was getting faster as the race went on.

Early on Ballou and the pole sitter kinda came together before the start. Moffatt grabbed the lead and held it for awhile while Ballou worked up to second. Bilbee grabbed the lead. THen Ballou grabbed the lead Bilbee stayed right with him for awhile until a yellow came out then Ballou Checked out.

Feature over at 935.

Buddy asked me if I wanted something to eat. Put it this way I quit buying bugers at tracks that serve McDonalds type need three to even taste em burgers.

I said Grab me a Cheesburger. I wasn't expecting the best Burger I've ever had. Bigger than a Wendy's single, never frozen bliss.

Thanks Shane and staff for a good night.

Track was mostly run low but I think if three our four would jump up top it would clean off and be fast up top too. the moisture was there.

Rivers receedng. There was water in the infield all night and Im sure a few who parked in the parking lot out front had to wade thru a couple inches of water that wasn't there when I came in.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/7/24 at 8:48 AM.