View Single Post
12/2/23, 9:58 AM   #19
Re: High Limit Sprints Car Series - 2024 Schedule
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Sandy, I’ve been told that Eldora is actually in Indiana and Sharon is in Pennsylvania. Also Nate I never heard the big track at Hartford called a half. Everyone I’ve ever talked to about it called it a 5/8th’s
Well you see, week after week, the high line never came in at Hartford so racing was generally mid-to-low line. The extra 8th was never used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
They used to refer to Hartford as the wicked 1/2 mile as the tracks nickname. ...but they ruined that track after they shortened it. Just my opinion.
I will say this about that, Nate: Although flat, Turns 3 and 4 provide a plethora of lanes throughout the night for racing. The clay seems to be the issue. Dries out quickly and the dust bowl begins. It would have been nice, though, if somehow they could have made the track shorter but KEPT the big track in place. I-96 Speedway tried that for a few years but the exit of Turn 4 on the small track compromised the Exit of Turn 4 on the big track.

However, I-96 Speedway DID have a smaller quarter mile infield track prior to all of this that worked just fine. I watched a All Star Sprint race there one night when the big track could not have been run in due to too much rain earlier in the day. Circa 1996, I think. Joey Saldana won it driving for Art Wendt.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, nathans1012