View Single Post
11/30/22, 10:57 PM   #29
Re: New Xtreme Midget Race Director
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
So, I will admit that I have never understood the Xtreme undercard theory. When the WOO had the Ironman 55 at Pevely and they had the midgets on the undercard, how did the midgets add value to that night? Were there fans who couldn't decide if they wanted to watch the Ironman but since the midgets were on the undercard, it made a difference?

Did any more people watch the Ironman 55 because the midgets were on the undercard? I don't understand the business model.

For the stand-alone races that they did have, the business model starts to make more sense. With 32 (?) dates, you would wonder how many were stand alone. It looked like about half of the dates last year were stand-alone dates.

Hopefully, all of these will be answered at the PRI show.
That makes sense for people who live not too far away, but for people like me who have to do major traveling to get to Pevely, the midgets make a big difference. Like leaving a day or 2 earlier on the way to Knoxville... always wanted to do that. Haven't seen the WoO on a bullring & midgets are my favorite class....