View Single Post
2/20/20, 8:22 AM   #24
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoors View Post
I have to Disagree about TV Coverage and purses. If Sprint Car Racing got a TV Contract that in and of itself would bring MONEY to the drivers and Bigger Purses at all events.

You say TV will not bring in fans well I have the privelage of watching TV at work when all the Aircraft maintenance is completed. We have MAVTV there No one I work with ever saw a Sprint Car race and had No Idea what they even were. I must say after watching a WOO Race the entire Crew want more and more Sprint Car Racing. They couldn't understand how the drivers could see witth all the dirt flyung so I had to explain what tear offs were. Now every tima a Sprint Car race is on MAVTV ther are 40 people sitting there in awe watching.

About 10 of them have come to Port Royal and Williamsgrove with me taking them to see it live they are hooked. So your idea about TV is way off not only from the spectator point but also the money point
Sounds like The 40 people you mention are watching on company time & likely getting paid!! Hell I’d watch golf on tv if I was getting paid to...
And all the supposed money it would bring in to the teams does nothing more than distance the haves & have nots

2 members like this post: Indy1808, PIT CART