View Single Post
7/18/17, 7:48 AM   #32
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I hope you are being sarcastic about this being post of the year. Total contradiction and makes no sense.
Reading is fundamental.(remember that from the 70's). Like he said, each class delivers its own special elements and tendencies and if you understand this before you go to the track, you are less likely to be disappointed. Its the same with tracks, we have a facility in South Georgia called Golden Isles Speedway, it use to be a 5/8 mile, D-shaped, peanut oil based banked track. It was dirt but soaked it peanut oil and looked like asphalt and had lines painted on it with no walls except by the stands. Anyway this track had so much traction and was so big that the late models would top out at 175MPH down the back. No joke. The racing was mostly single file, but the velocity was impressive to see. I use to go there twice a year, but I understood what I was going to see before hand. Cherokee speedway in SC was similar in that it generated high top speeds(150+) and lots of tire wear over longer races, so being fast and patient was important to win. I can appreciate different type cars and tracks with different attributes too, without comparing apples to oranges, but I do prefer apples.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, ModernDayDrifter