View Single Post
6/22/10, 11:54 PM   #1
Sprint & Midget Week Ideas & Schedules
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

On DO's show this past Monday he talked briefly how Ohio Speedweek was nine days in a row of racing with no days off. He said his feeling were USAC should mimic the Ohio deal and make Midget & Sprintweek seven consecutive nights.

I know this would be hard on many of the lower buck teams, but would definitely separate the men from the boys. I also think it would help persuade many travelers (fans) to come to Indiana for the whole week instead of just picking one weekend over the other.

If midget week was to expand, what tracks would you like to see added? If you could wave your magic wand and make the promoters agree, which order of tracks would you like to see them and what day would you start the week with and why? What other ideas do you have to help grow these events?

My picks for Midget Week:
Sunday - Kokomo
Monday - Gas City
Tuesday - Putnamville
Wednesday - Paragon
Thursday - North Vernon
Friday - Bloomington
Saturday - Tri-State (Hut 100?)

The support class for Midget Week should be Traditional Sprintcars with heats, one consi & feature. I'd prefer no stockcar class, however if they must, then it should be one stockcar class with a feature only, no heats, to be run during down time for midgets & sprints.

Also, come up with some kind of point system that breaks ties. There shouldn't be co-champions in a deal as prestigious as Midget Week!

My picks for Sprint Week:
Sunday - Kokomo
Monday - Gas City
Tuesday - Lawrenceburg
Wednesday - Putnamville
Thursday - Terre Haute
Friday - Bloomington
Saturday - Tri-State

I know I'll piss off all you bomber fans, but there should be NO support class for Sprint Week. A series with so much history and excitement doesn't need a support division. If the hosting track can't make one of the must see events in all of racing without a support class, then they shouldn't host such an event at their track!

In both weeks I started with Kokomo because most people are not going to miss the race there and I ended with Haubstadt for the same reason. You know, start with a bang and end with a bang!

I didn't have Terre Haute and Larryburg on the midget schedule because of how hard those places are on the midget motors, but they're a must see for Sprintcars.

Have at it my friends. I look forward to your thoughts. (i think)