View Single Post
8/12/17, 2:39 PM   #14
Baylands

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
The fanbase of major league baseball is in the u.s. Lets have the world series in japan.its ok though because it is big in japan.you guys seem to have answers to everything.same thing with indycar.fan base and most circuits are around here.where do they finish.california.absolutely incredible.
So David, no need to impune your intelligence like some have done, this isn't Hoseheads. You asked a reasonable question, and received reasonable answers. However instead of acknowledging those who replied with good answers, you compare fair weather racing November in California to flying to Japan. I spent time in Tokyo during the winter. It, like Indiana is usually quite cold. I assume you live in Indiana. If not, Google the average evening temperature in November, or just remember how cold it usually is if you live there. As others have mentioned, it is a National series, and the fan base at the end of the year is always great for the California and Arizona Events.

In summary, it's a reasonable and well worn question, but maybe the folks who work at USAC day and day out making their living on its' survival have a pretty good historical record of how successful it is to end where the weather is great, instead of cutting the season off early in the Midwest as most regional series do.

i live in Northern California and only get to run non wing 410 during California Speedweek and at the end of the year we take time to go South. I would recommend you save up your vacation as I bet you wouldn't have a hard time convincing Mrs. Mitchell to fly out to Los Angeles for a week in November. Disneyland, the beach, the Oval Nationals, terrible traffic. We have it all. You're a good man, turn it into a positive thing in your life.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45, interpreter66, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan