View Single Post
12/21/11, 3:28 PM   #4
Re: Bryan Clauson holds off T-Mez in "2nd Annual
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
No disagreements from me with your post. I usually give a shout out when Chett has a good run,because I know its not in the latest top notch stuff that others he is competing against has.

I call him "The one man driving machine" and that goes back to his Focus days when usually he was the only one working on his car at the shop and at the track,plus driving the truck and trailer,and trying to keep that all going as well. Usually all by himself back then.

Chett had (I think he still has) a 3 legged dog,and I used to kid him about being a starving driver that ate one of the dogs legs to survive. He did tell me one time he ate a lot of frozen burrito's because they were cheap and easy to warm up and eat.

I was surprised the other night when I asked him who's car he was driving and he told me it was his Focus midget. The number on it now is 9,and I meant to kid him about getting a drive with the "9 team"! Its not the first time I have seen him pull a rabbit out of the hat with this car though. He almost WON the Tuesday night qualifier at the Chili Bowl after starting 16th just a few years ago! He had the lead at one point,and either finished 2nd or 3rd. I asked him after the race in the pits what he was running for a motor,and he said the Focus engine,you want me to start it for you??? Incredible......

I know and like all of the top 3 drivers. To me Bryan Clauson is the methodical driver that will throw sliders if he has to. Very rarely makes a mistake. T-Mez is always exciting. Seen him come from 18th to the lead at Spoon River one night in about 5 laps.Another night at Little Belleville I saw him win with the right rear packed with mud from hitting the cushion in the opening laps. Chett though has to drive conservatively not to smash the car up,and bring it home for a few $$ in his pocket so he can race the next night.I heard him say earlier this season,that the guys in front of him were sliding each other,but he cant afford to race like that.

If you want an underdog to cheer for,then Chett is your man!
Wasn't there another Gherke that ran USAC several years ago? I believe his name was Mark and he lived in Florida.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge