View Single Post
2/8/12, 8:10 PM   #10
Re: Trouble getting 600 mini to start
TQ29m

You still haven't answered the question, is it on gas or alcohol? If it's on gas, no need to put any additive in it, except Sta-Bil, cause gas goes bad real fast anymore, especially E85 or Ethenol. To "pickel" one, means to flush the alcohol out, and run it til it dies, on gas, however, if you will use a "GOOD" upper lube, such as Klotz UPLON, you won't have any problem, letting it set with fuel in it, for a month or more, I let mine set in the trailer all winter, and had no problems, it is good stuff, and it's the only one that goes in my tank, and has been for over 20 yrs, now, if it sits for a yr, you will have some jelling, because it, alcohol, draws moisture, that's why it's main use, is drying propane, and, if you just bought it, and it ran fine, why on earth would the valves be out of adjustment, after you've adjusted them one time, you'll understand, plus, the factory specs are so lenient, once they're in the range, I doubt you'd ever need to readjust them, and if you do, something is going wrong in the valve train, they get a lot more abuse on the street, than they do in a mini, and most dealers that I know, haven't had any problems with the top end, or bottom end for that matter, the gearbox is usually where the trouble is. If your wanting to ck it, pull the plugs, and give it a compression ck, or better yet, a leakdown ck. Bob!