View Single Post
hairracer44 (Offline)
  #1 1/28/17 5:37 PM
Question is if a track had an open tire rule or just a durometer rule would you be more willing and likely to go run that track. Comparing that to the tracks and sanctioning bodies that have a 4 tire rule for one brand. I would like to hear driver and especially owner opinions, as the owner is the one paying the tire bill. As it was stated by someone on this site at one time, tires are one of the biggest expenses a car owner has when operating a race team. My opinion as a car owner/driver is I want to choose where I spend my money and decide which tire manufacturer gets my money based on the bang for the buck. I want the longest lasting best performing tire for my money. I would be more likely to run at tracks that have an open tire or durometer rule as to a track with a 4 tire rule. I want to try and keep this as an informative open discussion about what i think is an important topic in Indiana Dirt Sprint Car Racing and not a manufacture and sanctioning body bashing. I hope that track owners and promoter can tack this and make an informative decision when making and choosing to have a tire rule and listen to some of the car owners/drivers.
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, DirtHawk92, oppweld, tirespinner