View Single Post
10/25/13, 12:01 AM   #19
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
DAD

Amen Kid.

Times are tuff right now. Racing like everything else feels the crunch. Four years ago I bought an 08 zx10r with 400 miles on it for I think $1900.00. Now a 2011 with 400 miles is $3000.00 and it doesn't even include the harness or ecu. There is a shortage of people that can buy and wreck a $14000.00 bike right now, but in the future I am sure these people will come back. Until then we got to tighten our belts and hold on. Many feel rules are the problem and a good rule book couldn't hurt, but sometimes I think we are just looking for something to blame or problems and shortfalls on other than the real cause.

I wasn't kidding about the weight thing, I bet that more than one half of the population of adult males are 200 pounds plus. Why would a 225 pound guy want to get up on a horse and run the Kentucky Derby against a bunch of 100 pound Jockeys. If you keep the weight rule the way it is. Lets say a guy goes out and buys a safe old race car that weighs in at 800 pounds and he is a big old boy who weigh 225 pounds he start out racing a with a 75 pound penalty. I can remember when it was 750 pounds car and driver in the 600 uprights and we had to add weight. With a 1000 pound minimum guys could convert old midgets over and still feel competitive.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/25/13 at 12:05 AM.