View Single Post
Hamby812 (Offline)
  #16 7/22/14 6:24 PM
It is sad to see fewer younger people at the races each year. I for one don't think it's so much ticket price as it is technology. Kids hardly leave the house anymore, playing video games and watching tv are hobbies for kids now, it's sad because they aren't true hobbies but it's true. Fortunately for me I grew up at a race track, was even blessed enough to race for several years. It's in my blood and I'll be at any track within 3 hours of me barring I'm off work and have no other commitments. My girlfriend and I brought her niece(8) and nephew(10). They had a blast, and at TSS kids 10 and under were free so the cost us nothing to get them through the gate. They are already talking about going again. I feel the issue isn't the kids but adults not trying to step up and bring kids to the track. Her niece and nephew's parents would have never brought them to the track so her and I did. They got pictures autographs, souvenirs, and memories. They will return. The sport will only grow as we allow it to, by showing up to complain about dust, or tractors, or bleachers isn't moving open wheel racing in the right direction. Take you grand kids, or nieces and nephews to a race a few times a year. They'll grow to love it like we do or they will rot away in front of a computer or tv. This is not to be taken negatively just my 2 cents. Our sport will grow as our fans grow, period.
6 Likes: 2fast4u, Charles Nungester, Daboy, DaveP63, jim goerge, racenut69