View Single Post
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #12 7/22/14 2:20 PM
I would think USAC would be in charge of driver interviews as they ran the sprint car part of the show and had their own announcer as well. Tri-State has a habit of interviewing the top three finishers at all their shows and I like that. I also always see TV ads for all Tri-State shows and a couple of friends heard ads on the radio for the Sprintweek show as well so the Helfrich's do promote their track. They used to do tug-o-wars once a year for fun and it was always a kick to watch. Speedway Man has had a lower profile this year but he recently mishandled some kryptonite so that may explain his abscence. I see quite a few young people at the track myself but an informal poll done by the announcer one night would be interesting. Have the 20-30 year olds stand, then the 30-40 and on up the ladder. If half the crowd never stands because they can't then you know there's a problem. HA HA I thought the crowds and car counts were outstanding especially when you consider the state of the economy and the lack of leadership in righting the ship. It shows just how passionate the fans are for the most exciting sort of motorsports there is -- Sprints on Dirt!!!