View Single Post
10/22/19, 8:08 AM   #6
Re: St. Louis Midget race
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
Not been personally, but am going this year with a gang that's been twice.

Plenty of parking around the Dome, but expect to pay about $20. Food is costly, like attending NASCAR or NBA, NFL expensive. Tickets aren't especially cheap, but I didn't find the price a rip off. (Forget what I paid). If you want a pit pass, that's an expensive add on. Thursday they are running a full prelim night for Midget and Mods and is an additional ticket, GA seating. That's a pretty big bummer in my opinion, as format wasn't announced until after ticket sales by couple of months; and by then plans have to be made... so no Thursday for me, and feel like you are now legit missing part of the event. (Up sale on Thursday makes it harder to justify the full weekend as well anyhow.)
Also, apparently no exit re-entry, so you will be held hostage (as I like to say) inside the Dome for SEVERAL hours. Have heard complaining about that for last couple of years; but more so last year when they added the midget class which made the days longer. {Which is why Thursday is now a full prelim night, to help with run time of the show each day}
Pretty sure I paid $10 to park close by and we were able to leave and come back on Saturday between prelims and features. Sugarfire bbq is super close and on point. I think the racing is only getting better at this venue.