View Single Post
11/25/19, 8:14 AM   #64
Re: IMS Sold to Penske
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickyard View Post
When I get accused of being a former or current member of the CART/Penske payroll it's always a good indicator of that individual not having legs to stand on so they resort to straw man arguments.

Riddle me this? How many original IRL teams are left? What happened to the grassroots save the oval campaign?

As much as I enjoyed seeing Kinser and Hewitt get the chance it was a bit hollow. Competition was watered down. If both are the competitors they seem to be, I think they would both agree they would have rather shown off their talents against a field that included Unser, Jr, Rahal, Vasser, Zanardi, Tracy, De Ferran, Andretti, Franchitti, Castroneves, Moore, and those teams they were associated with.

Like I said, Pyrrhic victory. In the quest to get 100% what you wanted you ended up with near next to nothing at a great cost in loss of fans and teams and a once strong series with world wide attention rebuilding itself after being burnt to the ground. That's fine if you want the Greatest Race in the Whole Wide World of Indiana with a support series no one gives three rat's rears about, but don't complain when no one watches, teams leave because they can't garner the financial support needed, and your hero can't get a ride because of lack of said funds. For the rest of us living in the world of reality, we'll continue on the quest to return the race and series to one of the world's greatest without you, oh and drivers and teams from any place that so desires to be a part of it.
Let it indicate anything you want. It's meaningless to me. I don't really need a leg to stand on 'cause the disgruntled employee part was a mere musing, definitely not an accusation. The evidence speaks for itself.

As for the rest of the drivel, I repeat, I don't care! LOL!

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, PJ Wright