View Single Post
2/22/17, 12:57 PM   #15
Re: A Driver's Call for Help from Other Drivers
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer View Post
I agree with you that more drivers should do this and I believe more drivers should stay after the races, so the fans can get an up close look at these beautiful machines we wheel around the track, but unfortunately times have changed and probably for the worse!?

My father always purchases extra, youth shirts and we give these away to every young person we can at the track or even away from the track, whether it's in the pits or the grandstands and I thank my dad to this day for doing that because they are the future! I have always and always will go in the grandstands during intermission as long as time permits and nothing comes up. Hope more drivers do to this year, like you said.

Josh Spencer
Josh is giving me way too much credit as buying and giving tee shirts away started with Rick Ferkel and Fred Linder being the only two drivers at Eldora that had any 6-8 10-12 for kids not only did they have shirts to fit Josh and his friends they gave Josh a tee shirt free of charge. Josh told me that day that when the time came and he got to race he would give shirts to the little fans fast forward, from the time Josh got his first shirts he bought 60/10-12 (30Black & 30 White) 60/6-8 (30 Black 30 White) and gave them to any kid that came to the trailer / races / car wash etc. and he pays for them out of his pocket so Sarah and I may help but this is mostly Josh idea. It is nice to know other people do this at tracks we don't frequent so for all the J.J. Steve & Carla Phillips and whoever may make the next generation of race fan want to come back each and every weekend thank you all. Be safe and we hope to see you all at the races in 2017