View Single Post
1/24/21, 3:02 PM   #14
Re: Larson
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
There may be a whiff of skepticism in post #2 as to Larson's ability to be competitive at Fairbury in a dirt late model. Not sure why that is. As was also mentioned above he did quite well at Fairbury on both occasions that he has raced there. The first time he had ever seen FALS he set a NTR that lasted for about 5 minutes and has the second fastest lap ever turned at Fairbury on the modern configuration of the track. He wound up running 2nd in 2018 on a rubbered up mess of a track and won at FALS in 2019. Despite the skepticism it's a safe bet that young Mr. Larson can be competitive on a tacky version of FALS driving a DLM.

I live in the belly of the DLM beast in Illinois and there is no shortage of discredit and animosity for an upstart interloper among the local fandom towards a dirt open wheel/NASCAR driver that has the talent to put a serious whoopin' on DLM butt!
I think you may have red to much into what I was trying to say.
Not so much skepticism.
But knowing the #6 car.
Lee Roy (R.I.P.) & Kevin Rumley are the main reason that car is so damn fast no matter who they put in it.
That team has mastered the slick track set up no matter what track they show up at.
Look back at 2015 season when Jonathan Davenport was it that car.
Won almost $750,000 during that season and dominated almost every race they entered.
Look at who has been it that car over the last 5-6 years and look at the results.
Put Larson in a local racers car.
Kyle has even said he's struggling to get the car to turn when their is traction.
He won on a slick track but, that in itself takes great car control and he displayed he has that.
Bar none Kyle has my respect PERIOD.
Probably gets more out of a car is a better analogy to how good he is.
Speed doesn't just come from the driver alone; it also comes from the set up under it.
I would absolutely love to see Kyle get a chance at Eldora for the World 100 Weekend and a couple of other big Dirt Late Model races if ever given the chance on a NASCAR off weekend.
That would be fun to watch.
Last edited by nathans1012; 1/24/21 at 4:02 PM.

2 members like this post: 95KART, jdull99