View Single Post
7/11/11, 7:07 PM   #1
Sprint Car Race morphs into Stock Car Race
captrat

First, let me be clear. I fully understand the need for multiple classes for regular weekly shows. However, after attending the first three nights of ISW I fail to understand the need for all the support classes. ISW crowds have been nearly capacity for each of these first three shows. Why must those who have come specifically for ISW have to set through countless classes and laps which lead to to an excruciatingly long night. Sprint feature started after 11:00 at Gas City. L'burg moved the show along, but if started at 7:00 with sprints only, just maybe we would have had an even better race track. Kokomo probably came closest to an ideal evening.

We often hear talk of making sprint car racing a unique part of our sport. For mature, established events such as ISW it seems illogical to water them down with too many side events. Sort of like going to the movies and having previews in the middle of the feature presentation.

Took a potential new fan to Gas City. Probably not coming back. Too long a night and too hard to find a seat even when you get there before the gates open.