View Single Post
8/8/08, 6:43 AM   #26
Re: UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
JstAbvVMC

Mud Packer, very well spoken and I could not agree more. Some of the posts that I have read here are pure USAC hate nothing, more nothing less and they have no place in this discussion.

There is one very imporatant issue that has not been mentioned, LIABILITY. If USAC had allowed this event to continue AFTER these saftey issues were brought to their attention And AFTER the majority of the drivers/owners voted that it was not safe to race, I think USAC would have placed its self in very bad legal liability situation.

Had there been an accident and someone was hurt, or God forbid worse (driver or fan), USAC would have opened itself up to civil libility and very possibly ******** negligence issues. Once theses safety concerns were raised, I don't think USAC had a any other option but to cancel.

BUT, USAC and everyone else involved with this event should have never let it get to that point. I will accept Mr. Miller's post at face value and trust that he will never allow this to happen again. Lord knows there are enough haters around here that will be quick to point it out to them if they screw up again!!