View Single Post
2/7/24, 1:47 AM   #5
Re: Some quick Burg Notes
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Chuck, I’m troubled by your comment about taking out bank. Is that actually the plan or did I misunderstand?

When they built the track It was 18* The original configuration was the fastest and those Fast times remain today. The second year they cut out about three or four degrees making it more of a top to bottom even banking.

Expect second year track again.>>

The track had honed out and was in areas 24-27* banked with nearly a flat middle of the turns near the bottom. The hump going into three is gone and the track will be cut every week to keep humps from forming and staying in the track.

Couple other things was there is a hornet nationals and night of destruction which he's working on.

Several out buildings like the turn two grill are gone and cost a lot to replace. Possibly turn two food trucks for awhile.

He plans to pay better thru the pack in support classes and expects headliner to be well supported. If not They may not be weekly in the future (As in specials only, non championship point seasons)

Gonna try to keep the track from being so hard on tires, motors. That's part of the banking to have a top to bottom track and track prep.

Still has a little concession and track equipment to get lined up but working on it. Bought some of the auction stuff but figured some of it would be better to buy new from what it was selling at.

One last thing, and I didn't get it all but Weiland lighting for the track and some new speakers around it.
And another off the top of my head. At least this year the antique thing will still happen first sunday of summer months. But in the future, he expects to be able to somehow get campers in the grounds every weekend instead of parking outside the fence those weeks. It was a take or or leave it type thing for 2024
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 2/7/24 at 2:03 AM.