View Single Post
6/25/13, 9:23 AM   #23
Re: What track did you grow up going too?
racen857

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 20

Port Royal, PA. Went there as a kid with my parents and grandparents every saterday. My father being a dairy farmer, it was well know I had better be in the barn early on saterday. Cause if we were late to the races you just knew "hell" was going break out. Not that I wanted to be late either.

I can remember 1 saterday night sitting in the driveway waiting on my sisters date to show up, my Dad getting madder by the second. Finally he just left with my sister screaming in the back seat, me laughing, and mom yelling what are you doing! Dad said "It's time to leave and I'm waiting not 1 more second for that guy." Turns out we found out 1 year later when the guy called my sister up again, and asked her if she wanted to go out on a date? She told him you never showwed up last time and just called a year later, and now you want to go out again? His reply I got arested and just got out of jail!
Priceless,....

Still go to the Port all these years later, even met my wife at the track while poking around looking for a job on a sprint team. Also Haggerstown was a track my wife and I used to go to for awhile to the Hub city 150 till they stopped running the race.
Last edited by racen857; 6/25/13 at 9:26 AM.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, davidm, fish, koolaid89, nathans1012, SprintFan