View Single Post
5/21/10, 12:48 AM   #18
Re: What would YOU do? Midget Racing Marketing - Part II
West Baden Iron
Inactive Member

One of the questions I have is why is there no (or very few) local midget classes running at any of the tracks in Indiana? To me that seems like the root of the problem. There are no local guys getting midget experience at Bloomington, Paragon, Lawrenceburg, Tri-State, Brownstown, Linton, Thunder Valley, etc. to be able to run when one of the USAC or POWRi shows come to town. It seems to me that we need to run the midgets just like the sprint cars are doing it at those tracks (minus Linton and Thunder Valley).

I think the HUT 100 was a great example of how this could have worked for the midgets but instead it worked great for the Outlaw Micros (I raced a micro at this race for the record). Even though Tr-State is only running the one show for micros this year, 49 micros (in the support class) showed up to compete with some of the biggest names in micro racing while only 35 midgets showed up between arguable the two biggest sactioning bodies for midgets. That may not seem like a big difference to some, but had the race been held at one of the tracks that run micros on a weekly basis, I bet there would have been well over a hundred entries. Many micros didn't show because it was at a track that doesn't race micros.

Just a few thoughts.
Thanks,

Jason