View Single Post
5/20/10, 10:24 PM   #15
Re: What would YOU do? Midget Racing Marketing - Part II
Jonr

First off, I like the original post. Where I work, we talk about Lean manufacturing, and are we doing some thing that the customer will pay for. Would a customer pay for a 30 minute intermission?
Would the customer pay to listen to a bad announcer? Would the customer pay to watch the push trucks drive around aimlessly?

What do I want to see? A national series, with national events, and national equipment. It does not bother me if they show up in Nascar haulers with $40,000 motors and there are only 20 cars in the field. Because those 20 cars can put on a great race. Once again, consider this the WOO Midget group.

A regional series with some cost control measures. In this series, I do not want to see the high dollar motors. However, I do want the cars to be top equipment. The car counts should be more than the national series. This should be the ASCS group. Hell, make them run the ASCS2 motor.

A local series/track with major cost control measures. Rules can be creative as long as the races are close. This should truly be the entry level of racing. Some of the competitors will have dreams to run in the other two series while others are perfectly happy where they are at. Consider this the Ozark or IRS series.

I have said numerous times that the idea that all midgets have the same rules is crazy. The idea that Joe the Plumber can compete against TSR racing is crazy. Everyone should find thier level and be happy with it.

1 member likes this post: team3521