View Single Post
9/15/10, 9:57 PM   #25
Re: USAC pavement sprint cars
9racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham08 View Post
I made it to Spartan for their last race. I think the biggest thing they're doing right is running the M55 right rear tire. I spoke to a front running car owner, and he said his average tire bill is $175 per night, with the start money being $250. If you don't crash or break, it is almost a break-even proposition for the night...which is a lot more reasonable than having to finish the feature in 3rd or 4th to cover your operating expenses.

They are getting two nights out of a right rear tire with no falloff in performance.

No wings, and a short track also help guys to be competitive without going broke. I am hoping to get my ducks in a row and be a participant rather than a spectator there next year.
close, but not so close.. $250 to start minus $175.. $75 will probably cover 2 to 3 pit passes assuming the driver isnt a one man crew, your getting close to budget right there.. Then figure in, Fuel.. say 30 gallons of methanol as an estimate.. 2 bucks a gallon.. $60 bucks.. Oil.. I know my ride held 9 quarts.. 4 dollars a quart.. and a filter roughly $50.. Diesel to get to the track or gas at 3 dollars a gallon.. list goes on and on.. now if you live next to the track might be a little closer to target, but by no means even close to breaking even.. list goes on and on.. gear oil, assuming u change gears unless u hit it on the head first time out.. Motor and car maintenance.. food, drink yadda yadda yadda.. and last expense a large roll of extra soft toilet paper to clean your self up from all the "close calls" the car had while trying to get in the show to get your 250 bucks.. while I will admit 175 dollar tire bill sounds enticing, still a long way to go.. I do like the ideas coming from them though.. someone is stepping up to try it..

1 member likes this post: jim goerge