View Single Post
7/19/13, 11:54 AM   #1
Lightning Sprint Question........
openwheel44

MALS is considering closing out the year with a slightly larger purse race. Nothing is set in stone yet but we would like a little feedback before we take this any farther. Looking at everyone's schedules....MMSA ,AMSA, WIMS, ILLS, RMMSA, and MLS everyone's seaons seems to be wound down by the end of Sept. As many of you know, our normal purse is $650 to win and $70 to start. Like I said.....we would bump that purse up to around $1000 to win, add some in all positions and leave our mileage pay bonus system we have implemented all year. That $1000 to win is NOT based on any minimum car count either. Basically.....A race with roughly a $5000 purse plus mileage incentives centered around 20 cars. We are thinking the end of Sept. or the first weekend in Oct.

Let alone some will be "raced out" and "burned out," we realize weather can become a large issue. Our question is plain and simple...........is anyone truly interested? I know it is easy to say "HELL YES, COLOR ME THERE!" But then reality sets in and something unfortunately comes up. We are asking for honest opinions before we pursue this any further. Any feedback would be extremely appreciated. I am big boy so lay it on me.......good or bad.

Might be a good time for some of us to have a "preliminary" get together to discuss the pesky "National Rules" some people don't want. Obviously, the clock is ticking and we need to decide "yay or nay" on this fairly quickly.

Thanks in advance. Please either respond here, email me or call............(913) 371-5212 or jmillwright@kc.rr.com

1 member likes this post: wing-44