View Single Post
4/29/21, 1:41 AM   #3
Re: Troubling Kokomo Talk
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
So if you’re on the Twitter, you might have heard of a chat session that takes place on Monday called Midget Monday. You can click on it and listen to some entertaining (for the most part) conversation hosted by Brian Dunlap, who if I’m not mistaken works for WRG and owns and fields midgets, especially for Chili Bowl. Plenty of people are involved, most just listening but everyone from fans to promoters to racers are involved. So I’m listening this past Monday and I hear a couple drivers, who have been around our beloved Kokomo Speedway talking about how they shaved some bank out of it because someone thought “the top was too fast”. Got me to thinking if this may be true? The wingless race that was run in conjunction with the Outlaws a couple weeks ago may have been among the most bland races I remember seeing there. Applause to Matt Westfall for winning it, but it was terribly boring watching them run straight around the bottom. Now granted, the track was admittedly pretty used up after 40 laps of Wings, but I can’t remember seeing a freight train like that in recent memory. After listening to the conversation and watching that race, I have to wonder if there’s any truth to it. I hope not because it didn’t become Indiana’s Baddest Bullring by slowing down the top. I know Josh and some other’s on here like my buddy Mr Funk, are closer to some of the sources. Maybe they can say if any of it is true?
"Mr. Funk" hasn't been posting here for quite a while & is facing some very serious (non COVID) health issues. Might wanna give him a call....

2 members like this post: fish, jim goerge