Thread: Kyle Larson
View Single Post
4/15/20, 2:25 AM   #32
Re: Kyle Larson
revjimk

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyle-la...004521985.html
Key sentence in there is "If he's saying it casually in a IRacing race, when else is he saying it?" I don't think Kyle is a bigot or a hate monger, just guilty of either (A) Unconscious mild prejudice that many of us ignore, or (B) Casual use of a word used indiscriminately by rappers & "gangsta wannabes", that makes it seem OK to some people. Self respecting black people don't say it, & often criticize rappers for using it. A few folks here asked "if its OK for black people to use it, why not white people?" Perfect example of why its so stupid for rappers to use it, makes it seem OK. I answered that question before with, "You're allowed to punch yourself in the face, but not somebody else". I could have added "But its stupid"

The whole thing is a shame, Kyle shouldn't have said it, but I bet the owners of the corporations who dropped him live in all white gated communities. Race issues in the USA are MUCH bigger than an offhand remark by a race car driver. Its easy to make an example of him

Lets face it, we all wanted him to race dirt anyway, and not only Kyle but the whole dirt track community will miss the big NASCAR $$$... who knows what will happen to his team? I hope he eventually drives again on dirt, & I suspect he will
Last edited by revjimk; 4/15/20 at 2:28 AM.

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, flagboy55, Will Shunk