View Single Post
12/10/23, 10:36 PM   #9
Re: Ohio Sprint Week 2024 Dates.....
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I was there in 2016. Sunday, June 19th. It was a hot day, too, the track dried out early on and they never watered it after the cars took to it for hot laps. They DID, however, keep watering the INFIELD dirt portion for the push trucks which had us shaking our heads.

Ironically the night before at Waynesfield, a far cry from the Millstream effort, the track went south and they decided to rework it. Tony Stewart took the reins of this tractor and an attached little scraper implement, which looked about 3' wide from the stands, and it turned into a heck of a show in which Sheldon Haudenschild took honors.

Dave Blaney walked off with the Millstream gagger it in a single file procession. I remember Rico Abreu did not make the A-Main, so he went out back of the stands in his souvenir trailer and signed autographs, posed for pictures, spoke with the fans, and pretty much sold out all of his stuff. He probably made more that night than Blaney did for winning.

But after that apathetic effort to keep the track stout for good racing, you couldn't pay me to go back to Millstream no matter who owns it now. Even if you gave me free cheap beer.

2016, Charles. That's my guess w/o looking it up on google.

Im not sure what year Boss ran it twice. Second was a Haloween race with Wings racing as well. Kraig Kinser won the wings. Sheldon flipped while leading biking on the cushion of the Non Wings and Jac couldn't keep a RR hoosier from blowing