View Single Post
5/17/23, 9:57 AM   #24
Re: We’ll see tomorrow
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
...... They really should consider staging the cars for the a-main on the front stretch with drivers out of the cars. As a fan that is by far the preferred way.
For the loved of God, please don't. This is the absolutely worse way to start a race. A guaranteed 20-30 minutes of downtime that is not needed.

What is even worse is staging the car and then trying to do driver interviews. 90% of the drivers don't want to be interviewed and are trying their best just to end the interview as soon as they can. 70% of the interviews will have some sort of feedback/static on the wireless microphone which will cause most of the interview not to be heard.

Finally, depending on the show, some of the interviews are just silly.

Announcer "Hey Driver X, you are starting 23rd tonight, what do you have to do tonight to be up near the front"
Driver X: "Well as you know, we have a 360 and it is impossible to compete with these 410's, but the promoter is a friend of mine and he asked me to do him a favor and be field filler. I am hoping to be able to pull it into the infield before I get into any trouble."*

* Actually, interview from back in the day.